Looking to map User Registration form fields to User Profile? It’s easy to set up user meta fields with Easy Registration Forms
ERF allows mapping registration fields to user meta keys, So that information can be visible under User Profile in WordPress user manager (This will also enable you to integrate your registration data with other plugin’s user meta). But in order to display the data in the user profile, first, you need to set up your custom user meta in the WordPress side. In this article, we will show you how to set up user meta fields and then collect data using Easy Registration Forms
Before we get started, you will need to install and activate Easy Registration Forms
Custom User Meta Fields in WordPress
By default, WordPress includes limited user fields. For eg: Username, First Name, Last Name and Email address. Custom User Meta Fields allows collecting user information that is not supported on the user profile page natively. Let’s take a look at how to set up custom fields in the WordPress site.
- Install and activate the Advanced Custom Fields plugin.
- Add Custom User Field by going to Custom Fields menu and click on Add New button. You can add a title for your new field group. Let’s call it ERForms. Make sure to choose to Show this field group if to User
- Then add a new field in the EForms group by clicking on Add Field.
- As you already setup Custom User Meta Field, create a Registration Form. For more details on creating a new form, click here
- Go to Form Builder area of our newly created Registration Form. Drag a textbox type field from the left pane. Then click on Edit icon of the field and change the field label to Street 1
Now click on Advanced Settings, scroll down to Map To UserMeta and check it. Once checked you will be presented with a new option Meta Key. This meta key value should be an exact copy of the Field Name we created in Advance Custom fields. Once done, save this form.
- Now publish this form with any WordPress page/post using the shortcode.
- On the front end form, provide any value in the Street 1 field and click on Register.
- After successful registration, go to this user profile in user manager in WordPress Dashboard and check Street 1 value
That’s it. We hope this guide helped you to set up your custom user meta fields. Any questions and suggestions are welcomed.