Dashboard

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  easyregistrationadmin 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

mckstu
    Participant

Hello

Seems the last case i posted has been deleted and my user account disappeared?

Wondering how i can edit the content contained within the “my-account'” dashboard.

Id like to: display more user field meta in the dashboard and hide the “submissions menu” (or at least turn off the popover) as it doesnt display properly.

Cheers
    Stu

Hello,
    You may override “My Account”the template by using available filters :

erf_my_account_template
    erf_wc_my_account_template

Above filters are used in “my_account” function of ERForms_Frontend class.

Here are the steps:
    1. Please open your theme’s functions.php file and paste following code:

add_filter('erf_my_account_template','my_account_template');
    function my_account_template($template){
        return __DIR__.'/html/erf/my_account.php';
    }

2. Create a directory named erf in your theme directory and create a new file my_account.php
    Now system will use your custom template file. You can copy our template file code into this file and can customise it as per your requirements.

mckstu
    Participant

Hello thanks for that.

One other query.

In the form..it seems i cant add html links…
    i want to put a checkbox field that says user must agree to Terms. and a link to the terms for them to read..but it doesnt allow html links?

How can i support this?

mckstu
    Participant

Also one other thing…

Im trying to add the custom meta created by “advanced custom meta” plugin….to my custom “My-account” page…ive got this (the last “address” field…is a custom field…

<!– Personal Details –>
    <div class=”erf-profile-details-row erf-flex”>
    <div class=”erf-profile-detail-title”><?php _e(‘Email’, ‘erforms’); ?> </div>
    <div class=”erf-profile-detail-content”><?php echo $current_user->user_email; ?></div>
    </div>
    <div class=”erf-profile-detail-title”><?php _e(‘First Name’, ‘erforms’); ?> </div>
    <div class=”erf-profile-detail-content”><?php echo $current_user->first_name; ?></div>
    </div>
    <div class=”erf-profile-detail-title”><?php _e(‘Last Name’, ‘erforms’); ?></div>
    <div class=”erf-profile-detail-content”><?php echo $current_user->last_name; ?></div>
    </div>
    <div class=”erf-profile-detail-title”><?php _e(‘Bio’, ‘erforms’); ?> </div>
    <div class=”erf-profile-detail-content”><?php echo $current_user->description; ?></div>
    </div>
    <div class=”erf-profile-detail-title”><?php _e(‘Nick Name’, ‘erforms’); ?> </div>
    <div class=”erf-profile-detail-content”><?php echo $current_user->nickname; ?></div>
    </div>
    <div class=”erf-profile-detail-title”><?php _e(‘Address’, ‘erforms’); ?> </div>
    <div class=”erf-profile-detail-content”><?php echo $current_user->er_address; ?></div>
    </div>

Doest seem to display….any ideas of correct syntax?

You may use a Checkbox field and make it required and just below the checkbox field use a Rich Text field to display your terms and conditions text or link.

Regarding the advanced custom field data, I am assuming this is not the part of submission neither the advanced custom field is mapped with ERF field. In that case it should be something like this:
    <?php echo get_user_meta($current_user->ID,'user_meta',true) ?>

You can read more about the above function from WordPress official documentation. https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/get_user_meta/
    In the above code, ‘user_meta’ is the name (Different than Label) of the field.

mckstu
    Participant

Thanks …ive added a rich text link to our terms and conditions page.

Regarding the user_meta…this is an ER field that is mapped with an advanced custom field. Does this change anything?
    Ive tried the code with the “name” field. Not working yet.

Finally on the “Register” page…it seems to default to a login box… With a small link to click to bring up the form. Is there a way to either:

• Display the registration form by default, instead of the login …or
    • Change the “register” link text to a button, so it becomes more prominent?

If you can tell me which file it is to edit that would greatly assist.

many thanks

Please share the meta key along with the exact code. Regarding your other queries:
    1. Go to Form Dashboard->General Settings->Enable Login Form->Show Registration Form first (Make sure you are using latest available version)
    2. I would suggest to achieve this using CSS instead of updating the core file. (easy-reg-forms/includes/html/login-form.php)

mckstu
    Participant

meta key is: er_address

code is:

<div class=”erf-profile-detail-title”><?php _e(‘Address’, ‘erforms’); ?> </div>
    <div class=”erf-profile-detail-content”><?php echo get_user_meta($current_user->ID,’er_address’,true) ?></div>
    </div>

It should be working. It seems we need Dashboard and FTP details to better assist you with the problem. Once we are done, You can reset the credentials. Please provide all the details via https://www.easyregistrationforms.com/support/

mckstu
    Participant

Apologies..It does.
    I was just testing with a user that i hadnt set the “address” value for!
    Thanks heaps.

By the way is there an easy way to style (apply a class) the buttons for ER forms?

Glad to hear.
    Regarding the button CSS, You can attach any class with the button in Form Builder.

mckstu
    Participant

Yes, i can see how to style the fields in my form…but how to style buttons in the default login form or (login/logout buttons?)

Currently option to add class in login form is not available.
    You may use below mentioned selector to add your custom styles.

.erf-login-container .erf-submit-button button[type="submit"]{
        /*Your CSS here*/
    }
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.