differing name and surname for antispam

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    louis_sikkema
    Participant

Hello everybody.

I have just setup a new contact form with erforms and I’m also intending to use it to register to our events. I am working with recaptcha v2 for anti spam measures and according to the google admin area a lot of spam submissions are blocked, but a few get through anyways.
    I have noticed however that all of them had identical first name and surnames, so is there a way to only accept a form when two fields have differing content?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Best Regards
    Louis Sikkema
    formel-s.ch

Easy
    Keymaster

Hello Louis,

Thank you for contacting us. Your requirement is quite specific and there is no configuration for that. Let me know if you have any further questions.

louis_sikkema
    Participant

Then do you know any different way to filter some spam out? I get about 10 spam contact requests a day even with google recaptcha enabled and the only thing all those spams have in common is that their first and last name are identical. And avoiding spam is hopefully not such a specific request.

I know I should be salty at the people spamming and not at you and hope that there is a solution to get less spam.

louis_sikkema
    Participant

and just to add some information: I know that the recaptcha is working because on googles admin panel it shows that every day about halve of my contact forms are getting denied, but about halve of the bots get through.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.