Need to allow users to upload documents? Documents that are important to complete the registration?
You can use our File Upload field to accept any documents (Click here to know about WordPress accepted files) during registration.
Create a Form with Upload Field
- First, you need to install and activate the Easy Registration Forms plugin. After activation, create a new form. If you haven’t created a form yet, see our step by step guide on How to create a form in Easy Registration Forms.
- After form creation, you will be directed to Build page. Drag File Upload field from left pane to right pane.
- Click on Edit icon of newly added field. Here you will see the number of settings to configure the field as per your requirements.
Some of the important options are:
- Required: Check this option if you want to mark this field mandatory.
- Label: File field label. e.g: Resume, Photo
- Allowed File Type (In Advanced Settings area): Specify supported file formats (For eg. PNG JPG DOC ). Make sure to configure only WordPress supported formats.
- Now save and publish this form on the frontend (If you haven’t published a form yet, click here) or you can check the form preview.
After successful submission file should be visible in the dashboard. In case you have configured file extension restriction then the system would return an error. Something like:
*Note: The system uploads the file in erf_uploads directory under WordPress media folder. Though you can change the location from Global Settings->General Settings->Default Upload Directory
That’s it! Any questions and suggestions are welcomed.