Registering users without a check on your WordPress site can lead to spam user registrations. While you protect your forms through reCaptcha, how if you could manually activate or deactivate a user after registration. In this article, we will show you how to manually approve a user in WordPress, Follow the step to set up manual approval settings.
Setting up a form with manual approval configurations
- Create a new Registration Form.
- Go to Configure
- Got to “User Account Settings”
- Toggle off Auto User Activation
After registration user’s account will be in a deactivated state. It means the user won’t be able to log into the system.
Approving Manually a registered user.
- Go to Form Dashboard and go to Submissions.
- Click on ‘View’ to go to the detail page.
- Click on the link in front of “Submission From”, this will redirect to user’s profile in the backend.
- Look for Activate User and change the status to activate the user.
It is important to note that after the registration form is being submitted and until approved by admin, the user will not be able to login to your site and will receive a message Your account is not active.
We hope this article helped you learn how to Manually approve new user registrations in WordPress. If you face any trouble using Easy Registration Forms, feel free to contact us.